Pages

Monday, September 28, 2026

"Super Troopers 3" isn't great - but manages several laughs, nonetheless


 

In the latest chapter of Broken Lizard's (somewhat) famous troupe, Jay Chandrasekhar and Co. return in a second sequel to their 2002 hit, Super Troopers. The result? Exhausting at times, funny at others, amounting to a mediocre good time - but only for the franchise aficionados. It would be a stretch to say that everyone will enjoy this equally. Just a bit.

After Farva (Kevin Heffernan) becomes engaged to Sarita (Hannah Simone), who is Thorny's (Chandrasekhar) sister, the wedding is planned, and jokes and pranks are galore. Also, add to the mix a new drug, called Canadian Crystal. Vermont's finest troopers are soon on the case, battling dealers and smugglers, while also juggling Thorny and Sarita's parents, both of whom have questionable morals themselves.

Super Troopers 3 is only for the die hard fans. Since I've got a soft spot for the original, I laughed just enough where I thought it to be a worthy 100 plus minutes. It's unlikely something I'll ever watch again, but one can honestly say that about 99% of the movies nowadays.

☆☆

No comments: